PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 21:27
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 degree appraisal is a fairly straightforward system to assess performance. You are assessed by two peers, one superior and, if possible, one junior colleague.
This is the system we currently use but the feedback is about that day so is only a snapshot. With respect Yellow pen, how do you anticipate a pilot being able to assess all aspects of a CSD's performance? Surely they should be flying the plane and not skulking about the galley and cabin? Certainly, we can and do ask them for feedback on the part of our performance that affects them but I really do not see them being able to give any constructive feedback on what constitutes the larger part of our role. There would not be any objection to them offering developmental feedback, from the union or otherwise, because it already forms part of the current CSD assessment process.

As an aside, when I hand out the current feedback forms for my annual appraisal to our Captains, I find that the feedback I am given is rarely insightful or of any real value as our pilots are simply not used to giving feedback outside the cockpit environment. I am sure there are exceptions but that has been my experience so far.

Last edited by ottergirl; 29th Dec 2010 at 21:44.