PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 21:19
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 degree appraisal is a fairly straightforward system to assess performance. You are assessed by two peers, one superior and, if possible, one junior colleague. Questions can easily be structured to remove the influence of events outside the control of the individual, such as the aforementioned ATC delay. It isn't rocket science and it works in numerous other blue chip companies, even those with absentee workforces (I last saw it used in a mobile sales force). I know managers within IFCE have been working on a performance monitoring system, which I believe is being rolled out on Mixed Fleet. BA have never genuinely performance managed cabin crew, and you can count on the fingers of one hand how many crew have been demoted for poor performance over the years. However I can certainly think of vested interest who would object to a system of performance management. Can you imagine BASSAs response to 360 appraisal given that pilots would be required to assess a CSD/Pursers performance on board the aircraft? I can think of a few CSDs who would be receiving some considerable developmental feedback.