PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 18:34
McGreaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generally NOBODY is allowed to be happy (if you go by what you read on Pprune) in EK unless they are

1. locals
2. Africans
3. Asians
4. South Americans

The "others" are "supposed" to be unhappy and grumpy because they come from better countries. So no matter how much the "others" try to say how happy they are, the "Pprune verdict" is they're are crazy, desperate, or it's a matter of time before they are unhappy. The little time l have flown in EK, the guys l have flown with guys/girls who are not from number 2,3 or 4 have been happy. Family is happy, wife is happy.....well, husband becomes happy by default. I think it's more to do with swim with the current not coz you are dead, but coz they have adapted and made the best of it.

Am happy here simply because am making the best of my surroundings. I know my limits in U.A.E and in EK. Never try to go beyond the limits because there's always sumbody to slap you into line usually with dire conseqencies. Dubai has it's ups and downs but so does every other place in the world.

To anybody who wants to take the plunge and head over to the sandpit......come with an open mind, adapt, keep your head down, don't think you know better than the locals or the guys who have been here for many years, humble yourself and "just smile and wave..." ! And you will be fine.

That doesn't mean bend over and pick up the soap when you in the sandpit....just speak softly and carry and a big stick