PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 12:34
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's all very clear and straightforward. What utter fools they were for leaving such an obvious goldmine. *cue the "It was all BA's fault chorus"*
I'll ignore the sarcasm. Over the past couple of years, no the route wouldn't have worked. Certainly come W11/12 the economy, certainly in the aviation industry, will look brighter.

I never said it would be a "goldmine;" planes don't always make money when full. I just pointed out that there would be demand for it.

Personally I would prefer a daily non stop SQ B77W but up against the Gulf carriers I don't see it realistically.
Very true. The problem for SQ is the flight distance. They are burning fuel to carry fuel - more so than the M.E. carriers. One of the few downfalls of the 77L. Although SIN bound passengers a non-stop flight would be worth paying a premium for SQ as opposed to EK - how many passengers are actually stopping in SIN as opposed to flying on to OZ, NZ etc? A journey they could make in more manageable steps with EK/QR/EY?

Again, maybe cargo can save MAN's sole with SQ.