PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 09:01
tbraam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone experiences EK and Dubai differently

I have worked for EK as cabin crew for 4 years (1998-2002, the good old days..;-), and have lived in DXB for 13 years. Just came back to Europe few months back and I'm happy I did. Dubai is a great place to live if you like luxury, sunshine and going out to numerous clubs, bars and restaurants. I used to enjoy it to the max, but now that I'm a bit older (39?!) other things more important in life to me.

In DXB you do find a more protected childhood for children (not much drugs etc to be found), but they're bored to bits at times as there is not much to do for them. They can't even go out for a beer until they're 21 years old.

I look back at a great learning experience, and yes it's a tough one at times, getting things done is not as easy as in the west, but I wouldn't want to have missed it! On the other hand you can buy and drive a great car for about 20% of what I pay now!

And why not try it for a few years. It's a great city if you're able to travel out of the country on a regular basis. Go for it I would say.