PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for Airservices Australia, the safety based organisation
Old 29th Dec 2010, 03:54
westausatc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who left recently, I have to say one of the biggest pluses about leaving is the change of roster. Here in the UAE we work a MMAANNSOOO roster and it is at least a squillion times better than the rubbish roster I worked at home. Plus, once a month (on average) one of the M or A shifts is a standby so for the short time I have been rated, there has not been one phone call asking about overtime, as there are people on standby to fill holes through sickness, emergency leave, etc. Compare that to back home where it was rare to get a day off that wasn't interrupted at some stage...

It's not all beer and skittles here (as a 'mature' supervisor from ML aisle 3 says) but this roster is such a big positive that it more than makes up for it.

It's now time to go and get another beer. I have just finished my second night shift and won't be back at work for another four days so it's time to enjoy life!