PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 27th Dec 2010, 17:36
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't let our factually accurate posts get in the way of your "I feel so great to fly a widebody" posts. Long may your enjoyment last. But lets just hope that the new joiners in the future do not hold onto to lower standard of required employment, because I am sure neither you nor I could afford it.
Don't worry Don I won't, fortunately I got over the joy of flying a widebody many moons previous, I even managed to fumble my way into the left seat of the thing.

Don FWIW, I ACTUALLY agree with substantially all you've got to say..the difference is I'm not deluding myself into thinking that this place will ever change for the better.
I could tomorrow head back off to parts unknown and more than likely pick up a 550 or Falcon job, and probably earn a fair bit more than what I earn now. The difference is, EK offers a stable job, with very little in the way of disruption etc etc, and I'm happy to be home a heck of a lot more now, than I've ever been (this year was the first time in 5 years I've been around at Christmas)
Don, I hear what you are saying, I hear what others have to say....but I've also seen with my own two eyes guys in positions of higher seniority say plenty of things..and then when push comes to shove..they stay on an "A" scale..while others head off on a "B" scale.
I've seen nothing in my time at EK to suggest otherwise..everyone is out for themselves because that is the company/expat culture.
The only way this place will change is when demand exceeds supply, you can argue to your blue in the face about all the other variables...but that Don is the simple arithmetic, is it right? well that all depends on your perspective...to me, it just is what it is.

Lastly
Don't worry about the flying club Falcon driver. I have chatted to ex bizjet pilots that could not make it into easyjet that are 777 drivers here now.
I hope that wasn't a slight on either Bizjet or Easyjet drivers, as it would be a shame to relegate a perfectly sensible discussion into a measuring contest.

Last edited by falconeasydriver; 27th Dec 2010 at 18:13.