PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 27th Dec 2010, 16:55
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't know when you joined Halas but prior to 2003 we were paid 3.5hrs for reserve sims etc. It all came to an end when an engineer taking charge did not like pilots having time off, even though they had flown 900hrs in 365 or 100hrs in 28 day, so ordered min days off with other days being rostered as AD. Leading to huge overpay of overtime. This happened at the same time FOs were promised that DECs would not delay upgrades.
To true Falcon driver. Don't let our factually accurate posts get in the way of your "I feel so great to fly a widebody" posts. Long may your enjoyment last. But lets just hope that the new joiners in the future do not hold onto to lower standard of required employment, because I am sure neither you nor I could afford it.

The Don

Ps. Sorry Halas. You were correct. We were not burdened with flight pay then. We were on basic salary only (which would optimise bonus, pension etc) so were only credited the time into productivity. Sorry about that, I think it may be old age.
Don't worry about the flying club Falcon driver. I have chatted to ex bizjet pilots that could not make it into easyjet that are 777 drivers here now. The EK pilot group is the only group in EK and DANATA that has taken pay cuts (two big ones and one small one since I have been here). Our managers are paid more now than in 2008, we will be years away from breaking even. You will do so earlier than the FO that joined in May 2008 as you are on the same basic as him, as will be the FO joining in March 2011. Feeding your family is very noble, but defending the race to the bottom term and condition wise is not so. Can you think of any other profession that would justify a reduction of terms and conditions as you have offered? Some complain about pay to fly, is that any different to a new joiner complaining that those in the company complain about their reduced conditions that are offered now, and that a new joiner thinks is all dandy? Help me out here, when will conditions be lowered enough (according to your own well balanced criteria of course) for the rest of us to be justifiably unhappy?

Last edited by donpizmeov; 27th Dec 2010 at 17:41.