PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What To Do After Cpl Me Ir????
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2010, 14:58
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hours building with eagle jet?
What about calling it what it really is? Destroying terms and conditions of YOUR future career.

If you have to live in UAE to get your citizenship, you probably don't have much choice as to where to live, if you really want it.

GCAA can validate or ask you to do the exams for conversion, from any ICAO papers, so I'd not bother with JAA exams, if I were you. If you live in UAE, getting the local licence makes sense, doesn't it? You're more likely to get *any* reply if you meet some basic pre-screening criteria. But then, it may not be so until you have the nationality.

As Poeli points out, trying to kickstart aviation career needs lots of research before and during training, plus having Plan B, C, D, whatever it takes. Not to mention considering if it's the 'right time' to train, if it's really worth the hassle.

In some countries being young female pilot certainly leaves impression on potential employers, in some it could be met not so positively. Only recently Malaysian flag carriers started sending female cadets to the big Malaysian FTOs (despite relatively high percentage of women working in aircraft engineering compared to Europe).