PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 26th Dec 2010, 21:06
stylo4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"and there is no idiot local saying if you dont like dont come here"

^^I have to ask, you go anywhere you'll have that said to you. Be it the UAE, the US, Canada...wherever. So really, to say that is a bit pointless.

What one person considers to be happiness, is not what another would agree with. I am not a pilot, so maybe I am in no position to comment...but as someone that has traveled the world, lived in multiple countries for several years at a time...happiness really depends on where you come from as well, and the lifestyle you are used to. Take a 3rd world country in Asia, or a developing nation in South America...life in the UAE might just be worth it, there are those few advantages that simply outweigh the disadvantages. Now let's say you live in the U.S. or another western country...well the disadvantages such as "no freedom", questionable laws, and being treated like a second class citizen...you're just not going to like it there.

Personally, I think it just depends on where you come from and the lifestyle you're used to. I often find that those coming from developing nations would appreciate life in the UAE more, whereas those coming from westernized nations often tend to struggle or not like it as much...for obvious reasons. However, Dubai is still very multicultural and you get to see it from many different points of view. To each their own, and I hope the choice you make is the right one for yourself.