PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 25th Dec 2010, 15:20
baggersup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes one gets a hint of the hubris among a few of the cabin crew, as on the long haul from which I just disembarked at T5, the CSD made his first announcement saying very assuredly and with great hauteur, "I and my team in the cabin will be taking you to London tonight..."

Really? Woohoo. LOL

No mention of the chappies up front actually flying the thing. Perhaps a more inclusive "our flight crew and the cabin crew will be doing our best to make sure you have a pleasant flight to London tonight..." or soomat.

It was quite astonishing, actually, and the hubris came through in the way it was announced.

So sometimes you can see what Mr. Walsh is up against in some corners. He quickly disappeared however and we never saw him nor heard from him again, I believe. Two different women made the rest of the announcements.

It was actually rather funny, if it didn't perhaps indicate something deeper amiss in the attitudes....

T5 was the picture of sanguine luxury, empty and no hint of the recent traumas. Amazing. The arrivals lounge had about 10 of us--tops. And the staff were all in good cheer on both sides of the Atlantic. Extremely helpful to all who were confused or needed a special hand.

Every BA staffer from start to finish was superb dealing with working on a holiday etc. That CSD was the only silly "off" note of the entire experience.

Thanks BA!