PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 25th Dec 2010, 05:22
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying my best to filter through the negative posts to see if its really that bad or typical forum banter. I have a big decision to make and am trying to do as much homework as I can. Thanks!
Filter out the emotion but pay close attention to the specifics. While not all of the specific complaints are accurate, most are and the ones that aren't are usually "outed" pretty quickly.

There is certainly a "different" attitude to what constitutes a contract here. Scheduling and Leave are currently the big issues and I'm sorry to say, it doesn't look like the company's attitude towards either is going to change much. What you will find is that the abuse is not over 100% of the pilots. Some guys have carved out pretty good niches for themselves and are happy - the question is whether you will be one of them or fall within the other group who are being egregiously abused. Be aware that you will probably not have much power over which group you find yourself in.