PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2010, 17:24
J-Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incidentally, heard a rumour that Blue Islands was going to add a second ATR42 for the JER-LCY route. Has anyone else heard anything along these lines?
I have heard the same. I believe Blue Islands has had some discussion with officials in regards to a London City route, although I don't know in how advance a stage plans are. Certainly, I think its a route that the airport is keen to re-instate, most likely on a triangular route via Guernsey. With more frequencies and better timings it would definately have more of a chance of success than VLM/CityJet, but it will always be difficult to compete against Gatwick.

I also note that for summer 2011 Lufthansa will operate 2x 735s to Dusseldorf on Saturdays between July and August in addition to Air Berlin. It is great to see the success of the German routes, although I would wish to see a greater variety of destinations. Aer Lingus Regional has not yet released Cork for 2011, is this going ahead? I always assumed this route does well, hopefully it will be released in the New Year.