PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 17:28
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Could someone please refresh my mind on the issue of hot towels in WT+ please as I believe this arose before the present dispute. If my company introduced a new route or service I would think 'great the company is expanding, or providing greater choice to attract more customers, this is good as it makes my job more secure'. If I then said I refuse to fly to new destination X, Y or Z, or refused to sell blueberry muffins along side chocolate ones, I would rightly expect to be suspended prior to being dismissed.

BA should just tell crew to 'serve the hot towels'. Anyone who doesn't gets suspended. Whats the worst that can happen, a strike ballot?

Ottergirl perhaps you and anyone else who got a ballot due administrative incompetence plus those who can't decide which way to vote should send them all to WW. He would then have a block vote (unions like that) and he could decide which way to steer the result.

regards