PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 15:52
BERTIEBIRDY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find all of this sickening - BASSA have lost the plot entirely -the fact that crew still have some faith in it astounds me.. I have been flying for 16 years and love my job, I am told I am good at it and I will continue to work hard for our customers and support my colleagues whenever and where ever I can.. I AM TOLD CATAGORICALLY that I can continue to do this on my current terms and conditions and as I, as well as many others (who will now sign the individual offer), will have protection and assurances.

What more does BASSA want?...I really think that the sooner BASSA falls into oblivion the better...there are now plenty of crew online, who have seen the major failings of an organisation (BASSA) who continually tell their members how hard they have fought for their hard earned agreements..except, as has been stated in a previous post, BASSA have said NO to nearly everything including the long range agreement, yet go on and on about how hard they have worked for us...its pathetic.

BASSA is a spent force...go ahead with your strike - it wont work - I have been reliably informed that BF has now made more individual offers available to non-union crew, as he was contacted by so many who want a fair and reasonable settlement to this dispute.

I also understand that BASSA now has NOT got anywhere near 10,000 crew it once had - I will be very interested to know how many they actually have...perhaps there is a case for derecognition by BA...certainly I think Amicus should be de-recongnised as they cant have many members left - in any case, only 40 of the (Amicus) members claimed for strike pay last time round - says it all really!

I think that the BASSA reps should hold their heads down in shame after what they have presided over these past two years...Childish pathetic antics. I understand that the PCCC is alive and well and have been increasing numbers, which is great - finally a progressive entity who might ACTUALLY represent all crew, of all grades and bases.

Part of me wants BASSA to go on strike, as it will expedite their demise..there will be plenty of people willing to fill in as VCC's and non-striking crew who will put pay to any strike effectiveness.. what astounds me is that BASSA and the sycophants cant see this...

All this talk of Union busting is laughable - BASSA has destroyed itself ... BA havent really needed to work that hard to bust BASSA.. Lizanne and her team have done an admirable inhouse job!