PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 15:42
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Union Busting

MM you may not have read my post correctly, but I see you are seeming to quote me

If Union Busting is on the agenda, then who is to blame and who in the company apart from cabin crew and those with left wing political agendas would care?
Thats lovely. so 14000 crew, should just suffer their lot, and accept their career is over? Anyone working for a large company should be really worried. Are you next?
- nope. They could try being represented by a modern union that negotiates and understands business needs. You may not like the fact business has needs, but if a business cannot adapt, make significant money to allow it to reinvest - there are NO JOBS. So the business needs are ALL OUR needs. Simply saying NO, and sticking your head in the sand because you want it to be different is NOT negotiation. I may be next, I may have been next for many. many years now but a) I have adpated personally and b) my union represents me much better than BASSA represents you. So although not 'safe' (as no-one is in the modern world) we have a much better chance of survival IMHO.

OH, but the deal is great, I hear you say!! the deal is meaningless without a trade union.
Yes the deal is great and you got that WITHOUT your trade union. You would be well off to take the GOOD deal and then work about getting a GOOD union, IMHO.

This whole dispute has been planned for years. BA could have ended it months ago.
- Read/replace for the words BA with BASSA.
They don't want to, not without their prize. BASSA BURIED.
and after so many, many, many years of childish stuborness and a complete inflexibility and unwillingness to negotiate - as we ALL keep saying, who would blame them. And for me you can add to that, the rest of us will never be safe in our jobs whilst BASSA keep bringing the company down!

Unfortunately I don't think they banked on such resistance. Crew are more determined than ever to go down fighting, so this will drag on.
Some crew maybe, but they are and will continue to be such a dwindling number and therefore so unimportant in the running of the airline no-one will give a sweet .

Remember also BA can exisit without BASSA - can BASSA exisit without BA?