PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 13:00
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MM, if I may?

1) It's hardly surprising that BA went ahead and implemented the DA given the historical reluctance of BASSA to allow its' implementation. I don't dispute, however, that it would have been the noble thing to at least try to contact Lizanne or her nominated deputy in advance of doing so.

2) This, I'm afraid, is a pretty standard thing throughout BA and other companies in the UK. I believe Tesco were doing the same in recent bad weather. It's not illegal. Again, we can discuss the morality/nobility of such but the law is what it is.

3) This has always but always been the case from a legal perspective. It is perfectly acceptable to satisfy the scheme rules for rest whilst one is downroute. Again, it's not pretty but it's legally pretty watertight.

Sorry, but in essence, the examples you've provided are more about how well you've managed to protect yourselves from the vicissitudes of the real corporate world for so long. For that, I tip my hat to you, but the undeniable truth is that the world just isn't like that anymore. It's vicious, it's nasty and, with my hand on my heart, I wish it were different but it's not.

MrB