PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Dec 2010, 09:58
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crewfriend:

I think you've got quite a shock in store! The pre xmas ballot last year and then the following ballot had high returns. But as we have witnessed thousands of BASSA 'YES' voters turned up for work and crossed a picket line. The next ballot that was the consultative ballot on the offer, which really was the eye opener. Only some 3,500 or so members voted in favour to reject the offer...... no where near the 7,000 figure of strikers your union is still falsely claiming have lost staff travel. I guess you will still be hoping for a figure close to that as this is what your honest and truthful union have told you. I would bet that the figure in favour of further IA will be closer to the consultative ballot as this is closer to the REAL figure of crew who lost their staff.

Not entirely sure why BASSA members can't see through these figures and work out that this result is going to be far lower than you think, even if it is in favour of further strikes.

With regards to the offer on ESS from BF, in the last few months I have flown with many crew who have left the union in the hope of signing this offer. I even have friends who went on strike last time that will be voting no this time and no doubt will be happy that they have the chance to sign the offer that many of us did in the summer. Please remember all the bravado and messages of support from members on other forums only account for a small minority of the community???