PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2010, 04:27
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Keith, you and I might agree to disagree on a few points.

Firstly, let me say that Joe's reinstatement is a good thing, and again, I congratulate him on standing up and being heard in the first place. Having said that, it does appear from Capt K's post that Joe's original publication perhaps wasnt that sensible. Shed Dog has pretty much stated that all along.

For the record, I am VERY pleased that Joe has been reinstated. Gobbledock (in a very reasoned post) stated: "I would walk over desert covered in razors wearing no shoes to feed my family" and I wholheartedly agree. I would do the same for my family and I expect that Joe would for his. What I am not pleased with is the way he was reinstated. That statement was absolute shiite, and and embarassment to Joe, to AIPA, and indeed to Jetstar.

the Qantas group would not sack 600 pilots, study some history mate
A bit different here, I think. This isnt about a significant pay rise, this is and was about safety. The Qantas Group is NOT going to sack anybody over that, let alone 600 pilots. They would face a PR disaster. Who would be accountable? That hopeless CEO of Jetstar Aust? He comes across so badly on TV my screen almost cracked. Trouble is, 599 of the 600 Jetstar pilots are spineless cowards apparently, because we didn't hear peep out of them, so we will never know, will we?

Anger should be directed at AIPA for piss poor advice in the first place.
Well, apparently, all evidence to the contrary, because Joe did this without advice in the first place. If that is the case, one must ask themselves, why was AIPA left holding the baby, with not a peep from Joe's Jetstar collegues?

I'm angry. Not at Joe. At Jetstar. At Qantas. At the pathetic Australian Government. I've every right to be, because whilst we all sit around slapping each other on the back over Joe's reinstatement, Rome is burning, and rapidly.

Keith, given the last few posts, I wonder if you might care to reconsider your latest?