PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Dec 2010, 17:42
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA's offer to crew

Wow, this could now get interesting.

Dear colleague

In recent weeks, I have been hearing from many of you at the crew report centre, through the recent crew survey, by email and at the In Touch days.

The overwhelming feedback is a desire to end this dispute, and a sense that many parts of our offer are really important to you.

Yet if you are a member of Unite, you will soon be sent a ballot paper that could lead to more strikes: a strike that would prolong the dispute and make the offer unaffordable.

I have therefore made a decision based on your direct feedback to me.

I am going to move ahead with the offer, in two phases. Firstly for non-union members, and then for union members assuming there is no mandate for strike action.

Moving ahead with the offer – for non union members

If you were not a member of the union, you can sign up to the individual offer.

All you need to do is confirm that you were not a member of Unite on December 14, 2010 and you will secure the full individual offer, which includes:

Two years of contractual pay rises worth up to 5.9% from February 2011
A permanent, contractual, variable pay top up scheme for Heathrow crew on Worldwide and Eurofleet
Protection for your terms and conditions, now and in the future

I will write to you shortly with all the details you will need and a form for you to return to me by the end of January.

Once you have signed up, the deal is yours to keep and it is not dependent on the outcome of the strike ballot.

Moving ahead with the offer – for union members

If you are a Unite member, I also plan to make the deal available to you that we made to Unite.

For this to happen, you need to vote no for a strike. I will only be able to afford to move ahead with the offer on this basis.

I don’t want you to miss out on this deal and, from what you have said to me, you don’t either. So please vote and we can give you the chance to have the same protections and pay rises.

What happens now

Please vote, vote no, and encourage your colleagues to do the same.

If the majority of you reject the call for strike action, we can avoid the distress a strike causes to our customers and to you.

Vote no and we can:

End the dispute
Secure the deal and pave the way for the full return of staff travel in 2013
Look after our customers
Avoid divisions between colleagues at work and onboard

Unite has told us that it has appointed an independent company to run this strike ballot and you can be totally confident that your vote will be completely confidential.

Please use your vote, and vote no to further strike action. If you do have any questions please contact your crew team manager who will be happy to talk with you.

Link to the offer made to Unite or see the IFCE Intranet Homepage/Useful Links/ New offer to reach agreement

Thank you

Bill Francis
Head of Inflight Customer Experience