PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's My Aircraft Type?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2010, 10:12
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC.. If I had a pound for every time I had a "wrong type" caused by the operator not informing ATC I would be very rich - and I am NOT joking one bit.

How many reports are submitted when the aircraft type on the strip matches the flight plan but does not match the type used for ther operation?

I can't speak for what happens now, but when I was working the ATC system was updated but nothing else.

What about the flight profile not matching the type and thus the flight receiving a no delay when the actual profile would have picked up a CTOT?

Don't know what you mean as the type has little bearing on this, assuming the "right" one and the "wrong" one are of similar performance.

There is one flight plan for every flight. Provided that the aerodrome control unit at the departure point does it's job then we should not have the case of any unit along the route expecting an ATR when the flight is being operated using a FK100.

The aerodrome control unit where I worked did do its job and that is precisely why ATC require pilots to state their aircraft type.

Lastly, you would not believe it but pilots are not beyond giving the wrong type on the R/T. Incredible, but true.