PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2010, 08:45
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went and had a look in the mirror. Suitably amused.

Joe's colleagues certainly stood by him; by joining the union movement to ensure levels of membership higher than ever before in this airline and by donating their own money directly to his cause.
How many Jetstar pilots are members of AIPA? I dont know the actual figure, but I think you will find there are only enough to show a clear "disengagement" with AIPA. How many Jetstar pilots voiced their opinions alongside him? If all 600 "talked" to the media in the way Joe did, it wouldnt be industrial action, but they couldnt sack all 600 could they? The airline would be crippled. But no-one apart from Joe had the backbone.

veil of anonymity
As are you.

AIPA has a moral victory
Please, explain to me how, because I just cannot see it. They lost. Big time. Despite their ridiculous emails to the contrary.

Jetstar look as if they've publically caved to the pressure of professional airline pilots and their industrial organisations for the first time.
No they dont! Re-read the news article. Joe looks like a fool, Jetsh1t look like they've won. Read it the way a mug punter does! They dont know the ins and outs of our industrial situation, and nor do they care. All they saw is that Joe apologised. That equates to "I'm wrong!" Good grief, what part of that dont you understand?

The wheel turns slowly, but turning it is. This will prove to be one very strong spoke in that wheel as time moves on.
It is turning, but in the wrong direction! Wake up and smell the coffee!