PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 21st Dec 2010, 02:52
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to the issue of any forum member's curriculum vitae is it really of interest except for how it applies to this particular dispute?

I find Litebulbs insight into the Union side of the issue of great benefit to the forum but am not sure that my personal business interests could offer much insight except how it pertains to my travel choices.

..and to be honest I consider it a bit in poor taste. One of the most wonderful aspects of forums such as this is that each individual is judged on their level of discourse, knowledge and ability to engage in an exchange of ideas and opinions. Titles and bank accounts have little to no relevance.

The comments regarding numbers in past balloting is interesting. It will be intruiging to see what the next one brings. A recent poster on the Cabin Crew thread included posts from another Cabin Crew forum wherein individuals were urging people to rejoin BASSA (since deleted by moderators) That made me wonder if the loss of members is significant enough that it is being felt by the union.

One thing is certain, I don't imagine we'll be seeing bouncy castles at BASSA strike headquarters in January or February and the open topped bus should be stocked with lots of blankets.

notlangley: Do you have the numbers for the vote on the acceptance of the offer? I recall the participation numbers were quite low. It would be interesting to add those to your very helpful comparison.

Last edited by Diplome; 21st Dec 2010 at 03:08. Reason: additional comment