PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Dec 2010, 20:45
Spanner in the works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mohito...

I even heard a rumour that one of our main De-icing experts is actually working as voluntary crew, and is stuck down route. So whilst hundreds of non crew are being paid to do my job,(ultimately making my job untenable ) I'm now being forced to do theirs for free.
Are you saying that you replaced a de-icing expert?

That's one hell of a skill set you have.

And - what is a "de-icing" expert anyway? Or is this just a rumour doing the rounds.
Perhaps "a chap who works on the de-icing rigs sometimes (its not a year round function I'm sure you'll appreciate) is stuck down-route"
has morphed into
"A VCC that is an EXPERT on de-icing is stuck down-route".

Might I suggest that you would have been policing the terminals as were hundreds of other volunteers for the past three days and that you were NOT doing someone elses job for free - you were doing a job to help passengers stranded in unfortunate and extraordinary circumstances.

I find it ironic also that you say you would normally volunteer.
Volunteer for what?
To help passengers stranded for no fault of their own?
Wonder when that last happened to our passengers?

Why also, are you speaking -out against the imposition of "Columbus" when it was off the table at the outset.
That possibly was the battle for you to fight - perhaps with sympathy from elsewhere - but that battle wasn't on the table and you have all shot your bolt over relatively meaningless issues, now impotent for the real battles that have already been fought and won while you were all arguing over who should be carrying the flag and blowing the bugle.