PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Dec 2010, 19:36
mohitomaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe I am reading such rubbish on this forum. A contract is a "contract" Even the Judge suggested BA should not have imposed change without negotiation, but did recognise it's right to manage. The disruption agreement has a financial consequence, and is therefore contractual and forms part of our agreements. This Agreement needs Union permission, but BA are being so bloody minded, and are showing such contempt towards Bassa, that they refused to ask. I am also certain that permission would have been granted. It really does beggar belief!!
As a crew member I feel so angry. The Company more than ever need to rely on some good will, back off and try to build some bridges, but instead their desperation and contempt are compounding the problems.

Since "Columbus" was leaked 2 years ago, all trust in BA's current management has dissolved. Almost everything listed in this scary document has become a reality. Bassa have been demonised at every opportunity for not accepting a complete change to our working practices. No one in their right mind can seriously believe that a union that represents 1000's of crew can simply bow down and watch it's membership get shafted from every angle without a serious fight.

I Had a good read of the New mixed fleet contract today, and can't believe such a contract can seriously be legal. I really pity the poor souls that have signed up to this slave trade contract, I just hope you know what you have let yourselves in for. I also hope that someone has the nerve to reproduce it on this forum, so others may just see what an insult to cabin crew it represents. Be under no illusion:This contract is What BA want all of us on eventually, and imposing changes without us fighting back will see us slowly slipping in to a similar contract.

Only today, BA are insisting crew work in the terminals. Normally I would volunteer, but after a year of zero respect and union busting there is very little good will remaining. I even heard a rumour that one of our main De-icing experts is actually working as voluntary crew, and is stuck down route. So whilst hundreds of non crew are being paid to do my job,(ultimately making my job untenable ) I'm now being forced to do theirs for free. The irony makes me feel physically sick.
I'm also hearing stories of crew risking life and limb getting to LHR, on request from BA, even though flight has been cancelled, to be sent straight home again, to be then told to return again or risk loosing annual leave. It's sickening that a blue chip company can treat it's employees with such contempt, not to mention breaking every agreement in the book.

Apologies for ranting. I'm just sick of hearing how wonderful BA is, and how most of us real ( legacy) crew, who have provided years of exemplary service are letting down the company by trying to protect the contract that they originally signed. After all, how dare a Union try to protect a members contract.