PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 15:40
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is quite true that the crew could have been in hours and do the single flight down to TFS. It was probably left down to the crew's discretion, and I'd have probably made the same decision not to go
I seem to remember when flying as cabin crew back in the 90's that you were not allowed to operate if you knew for sure you were going to go out of hours en route and therefore incur an unscheduled nightstop mostly to minimize ongoing disruption to the overall schedule, never mind the avoiding the cost of overnighting an aircraft and its crew. It would appear that this was the case with this flight to TFS.

There is NO company policy that RYR will not provide accommodation due to unforeseen night stops, infact quite the opposite. Whenever I've talked to colleagues who have stopped over, the hotels have been good and include dinner and breakfast.
Its a shame that FR do not apply the same kind of thought when it comes to their passengers being stranded as a result of weather, tech aircraft and so on!