PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Dec 2010, 13:35
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MFCREW

As Mr Bernoulli stated – the ‘savings’ offered by bassa were temporary, so do not count as savings at all.

The Untie/bassa leadership WERE made an offer by BA, but that offer was not even put to the bassa membership. I think that BA has been incredibly patient throughout this debacle. The bassa reps have only ever been interested in power and their ability to run/influence BA and unfortunately everything appears to indicate that the cabin crew are just ‘cannon fodder’ for them to use in ‘their’ battle.

Your assertion that the company want to ‘de-unionise’ the workforce is total nonsense - straight from the die-hard bassa militant handbook!!. BA have managed to ‘work with’ the other unions represented, but bassa have always been the most arrogant and militant union about. I believe a couple of years ago they were deemed to be the most militant union in the UK – even worse than the RMT!!!

Their very basic accounting abilities have been proved time and time again to be pathetic ie £173M savings that turned out to be only £52M. The bassa reps want the impossible and they want the impossible now.

The company DO NOT have all that they want. One crew member off aircraft was a ‘balanced’ response to the constant prevarications of bassa. MF came in, as a means of clawing back the losses directly attributable to the strike action. The return of ST was offered as part of the package that bassa did not allow you all to see. I believe that the company want to be able to negotiate with whichever body represents cabin crew, but that certainly does not appear to be bassa. Their info to bassa members not to respond directly to the questionnaire would appear to back that up.

ST is a perk, a very good perk. Not contractual, but a perk. You are not entitled to use ST if you are sick. All the more reason that you are not allowed to use ST if you are trying to screw the very company that offers this perk. The reason ST has not been returned is that bassa have refused to end the dispute. I hope that WW and the LT stick to their guns and do not give ST (with DOJ) back – as originally promised. I realise that the return of ST will be used as part of any negotiation, but that negotiation would need to be with Untie – not bassa. On each occasion bassa have shown itself incapable of negotiation because they believe that they should not have to give up anything. As confirmed many times in Judge Holland’s summing up bassa and cc89 were squabbling like primary school kids.

The company appears to be through the worst of the economic downturn, but that was due to the cost savings that all other departments made by 30 June 2009. The bassa reps continuous refusal to accept their ‘share‘ of departmental savings, and then their complete inability to accurately calculate these savings, is why we are where we are.