PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work experience
Thread: Work experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 09:07
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
work experience

Try calling the flying schools at Moorabbin and ask for the CFI. Im sure if you call them all, one of them will oblige. The key here is to really make sure you call them all. Peter Bini, Moorabbin Flying Services, Tristar, Moorabbin Aviation Services, Royal Victorian Aero Club, Oxford Flight Training and Melbourne Flight Training.

Some things to consider.

As mentioned earlier check that the your school will allow such work experience.

I also suggest you try and get the work experience during the better weather when there is a bit more activity.

Thirdly apply for an ARN (licence number) via a form 1162 from the CASA website. There is no charge for the form and a 498 or 499 (sorry i forget the correct form) for the student pilot licence. If you have these you may have the option to backseat flights as a member of the operating crew rather than as a passenger. You will need to be 16 or above however so consider that in your timing.

If the school has a problem with you participqating in flight activities you could perhaps nominate the work experience hours as 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM meaning that after 1.00PM you become Jo Citizen rather than Jo Student. If you go down that path i think the flying school would want verification from your school and also from your parents.

Im sure if you ring all of the schools one of them would be keen to assist you but i really think you need to get on to the CFI rather than one of the instructional staff. Perhaps even mention you got the advice off of Pprune.

Good luck. Cheers. Glen