PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Dec 2010, 08:16
flyingsoldier1993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes indeed, BA has send out a similar questionnaire before the strikes started. Some time last year they asked the cabin crew what was important to them and where they were willing to give a little to make the savings.

On the BASSA and the crew forum it was made pretty clear to us that we were not to aide BA in any way and fill out those questionnaires. Because that would undermine the strength of our union.
It was discussed on the forums in great length and most of us in favour of it were shot down in flames.
BASSA wanted to control everything, as always. It never seemed to matter what the individual cabin crew members thought if it didn't fall in line with the BASSSA propaganda and party line.
When I tried to explain myself to some union hot heads including a rep as to why I had voted no to the strikes, I was told in no uncertain terms:
"You are a selfish c..t and you don't deserve to be in the union"
That was the last hint necessary for me to do the right thing and resign my union membership.
Thanks to that I now have a clear picture, still have my staff travel and seniority and most importently, I have no regrets.
Let the "I rather see BA go done before I give them one penny" brigade strike again, by all means!

But I truly hope that they are then gone once and for all and that we can all get on with our lives and our jobs.

Last edited by flyingsoldier1993; 18th Dec 2010 at 14:55.