PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 17th Dec 2010, 20:19
Joao da Silva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is why this entire sorry mess needs to be sorted out now and the short term pain lived with to prevent the ridiculous mess that has been the CC flash walkouts for the past decades based on nebulous excuses.
I agree with you, the 'wait it out' strategy may have been appropriate for a certain length of time, but now it starts to look tired and is (IMHO) very unfair to those on inflexible tickets, who may be caught between a rock and a hard place.

For JdS to make the statement that BA senior management need to 'get a grip' is a bit rich. I am CERTAIN that he has never had to deal with such an intransigent bunch of pampered loonys, as the bassa militants.
You are quite correct, I have never had to deal with such a situation and I would never accept an appointment with a company where anyone other than the board sets the direction of the strategy and makes the operational decision. I would have to ask questions about how some of the former board members of BA take their pensions and concessions and sleep at nights.

However, unlike you Sporran, I am a board director of a global company. On the other hand, you will notice that I do not make posts advising you how to operate an aircraft.

So far from being 'a bit rich', I am only commenting on an area where I have earned the right to have an opinion.