PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C-17 down Elmendorf (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 21:33
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist

I think you have completely lost the plot. You need to see a medic fast, because your brain just isn't working mate.

You don't need to be impressed just because I know a few TPs. Some of them I flew with on the Nimrod fleet,another was a mate I knew on Victors and another was from the E-3 fleet. There's nothing impressive about that, so what are you going on about?

What I do know is that they were all very experienced pilots who went off to ETPS and Q'd as TPs. One was even a TP on the A380 program, but you don't need to be impressed by that either, I'm simply stating facts.

Your tirade of 'who has NEVER..........' displays a somewhat worrying mental problem you appear to have, compounded by your opinion that you know better than any flight manual. Ever considered being a TP yourself??

I don't ever recall an aircraft crashing because the captain was wearing a sqn T shirt instead of an issue one. As for your comment 'passenger carrying section in BR767. Nobody knows what it even means' if that is the case, then why haven't you do something about it?? Oh I know - because you know better than the book, that's right isn't it??

As for the use of the sim, I was merely suggesting that you take a perfectly understood and well-practiced procedure in your aircraft, and go and perform it in the sim, ignore the rule book and do it your way. Make up your own speeds, flap configuration, heights etc and see what happens.

I myself don't need to look for other ways of doing things that contravene the flight manual. If you had thought just a little bit more before launching your tirade, you would have understood that I was trying to educate you to try it your way in the sim and see if it works, thats all. I have no doubt that the USAF have flown that very same profile in the sim a hundred times and come to the same conclusion every time that it 'aint going to work. And they were right - it didn't work, did it??

I hope you get help soon before you come to grief.