PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owning an Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 19:26
Ultra long hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try to be realistic……..

Chris,

I am an LSA owner in Latin America.
I bought my first aircraft (Genesis) for $20.000,- with a Rotax 912 (80 HP) with 600 hours on it. The airframe was then 10 years old.

Slipstream Genesis, Slipstream Industries Genesis, Genesis light sport aircraft and two place ultralight.

However I am now upgrading to a brand new MXP 150 Patriot, with glass cockpit (Dynon Skyview) and a 100 HP Rotax 912.

Patriot
Brilliant! But $75.000,-, all included!!

What you have to remember is the majority of aircraft owners are people that are "established"--> with the basics of education, house and vehicles all taken care of, before they proceed into private aviation.

The monthly salary is really not that relevant, it mainly depends on where you live and how you are dealing and you have been dealing with your finances.
I for one……..won´t have children--> the Patriot is my baby!!!
I earn okay, but a large part of my salary goes to aviation--> these are my priorities.

You´ll find that there is a plane for almost each budget as long as you´re committed……..but you have to ask yourself "why a Commander"?

Buying the plane is 1 thing, maintaining and / or running the thing is another!! 10 Gallons per hour……….you do the math!!
I fly around my whole country, at 4 gallons an hour at 200 km/ hour; I fly over the highest volcanoes while listening to my I-pod and enjoying a comfortable wide 2 pax cabin with luggage space in the back--> with a 5 hour fuel range.

What do you want??

###Ultra Long Hauler###