PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2010, 05:50
crewmeal

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What's everyone moaning about BHX for? We have a new logo and a fortune spent on rebranding!!! That will attract new routes far and wide I'm sure!!!

Seriously what's happening about the runway extension? Everything seems to work on promises. Nothing in has been set in concrete yet (excuse the pun) Maybe if and when the runway has been extended then long haul carriers will have a look at BHX. If the airport management want an A380 service then they should start planning to widen the taxiways etc and invest. EK have kept their promises about expansion but they won't go on unless there is real investment. MAN spent wisely and it paid off. I'm sure the EK lounge is a good start, but it's not the 'be all and end all'

Regarding shorthaul routes I agree EZY and Jet 2 should be approached and be offered some sort of deal. The main problem for 'business' type of routes is there isn't that kind of traffic now compared with the 90's when BA were operating some profitable routes. (I remember flying for Maersk and there were 50+ in business class regularly on CPH. MXP, STR routes) The otherside to that is Flybe use turbo props on some routes and these are not popular especially with their tech record.