PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's pay offer!
Thread: BA's pay offer!
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 23:10
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ornithopter

If you are who you say you are (and I have no reason to doubt that you are not) then I would like to offer you some advice.

Lurk, not post. If I may modestly say so, my own "postings to date of registration" ratio might offer some guidance.

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to say whatever you like and I understand your concerns about your employment prospects.

However, once in a while, industrial unrest over pilot pay comes to our profession and it is always the case that there are new joiners on the scene when this occurs.

The whole situation is unfortunate for everyone, and I include pilots, shareholders and management within that term.

It is unfortunate for we pilots, as the bills still arrive on the doorstep.

It is unfortunate for shareholders, as they are being let down by management - it is shareholder investment which supports the company and gives said management the freedom to make the decisions it chooses.

It is ultimately unfortunate for the management, for it is they who will bear the brunt of their own incompetence.

Pilots are in demand. Shareholders can sit it out, or pick another stock. Management will be fired.