PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 19:27
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyjet's presence is not quite nil, they are actually operating now from BHX (Grenoble operated this weekend) and next weekend will see seven flights, which is as good as it gets!!!
I meant more on a base level, say, 3 based units offering the likes of SSH, MUC, BCN, LIS, MAD and so on.

One airline that has been reliable is flybe but they are very conservative with route expansion and several destinations BHX need would need a jet and the 195 was probably deemed too big. Hopefully the 175 will be the salvation but quite a time to wait for them.
I agree, flybe has been good for BHX, but with recent co-ops with AF and european bases, I wonder if focus is going to be shifted away. After all, just a few french routes have been started of late.
They do well at MAN on domestic routes, especially co-operating with EY to bring pax on the MAN-AUH runs, but domestics have never really been BHX's strong point, down to location again?

Even small things like KLM increasing frequency/capacity at ABZ, GLA, EDI
MAN, BRS but BHX......Nothing as yet and summer 2011 leaves just one KLM Amsterdam departure after 13.40. Hopefully that will change.
Its all just doom and gloom really, so good to see the re-branding has paid off!!!