PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 Job offer EK.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 15:01
Craic Ore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iver,

Do you work here? I would have to respectfully disagree with a lot in your post. I've seen both fleets and for now, the 777 is the place to be. Please let me explain.

Yes, the 330 does some europe. BUT, ATH is a turnaround, NCE, MLA, NCE and heavily taken by training. ZRH is going all boeing. MUC will shortly too. This is one I think many haven't thought about - yes, the 330 gets the new Europe, (Prague and Madrid) but as a new 380 comes in a scoops a LHR, CDG, FRA or whatever is next, we in turn take away a MUC or PRA for example. SO, every 380 is good for the 380 guys but neutral for the 330 guys. And better for the 777 guys as we get new routes to replace the ones we're bored of in the EU.

As well, check out Jan '11. 777 to BNE and it has MEL, SYD direct as well. Both PERs, I mean, I feel for the 330/340 guys, it's still going downhill and fast. So yes, Africa, but ask them how thrilled they are with that. Not much good going on down there. No walks to the cafes, no nights out in BKK being a per.......you know what I mean. Just lots and lots of turns, and too many in the middle of the night. Just ask them, it's not sitting well.

And I keep hearing all these rumours of the 380 to the US. JFK - yep, YYZ - yep, BOS - yep, Philly, IAD, yep, eastern seaboard it can do. But it ends there. It can barely make YYZ and JFK, so there's no hope of mid/south/west coast, it just doesn't have the legs. I don't think it will for years, if ever. Ask the guys, check out the FPs on GABI, you'll see a full flight is at max wt. No room for anything.

So yes, the 330 is a great machine, but I strongly recommend avoiding it at all costs. You'd have 4-5 years of hell before any improvement. Not my idea of a good time and definately not of the guys flying it. Just ask around.

Hey, if you choose to disagree, go ahead, but I've been there, done that and would walk out the door before doing it again.

Respectfully,
CO