PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGTK Radar?
Thread: EGTK Radar?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 12:35
ATCO Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then they'd have to employ radar rated ATCOs (around 8 of them to cover the current airport hours at abround £55 to £60k per annum
Cheers Nik Nak - if you can secure those sort of T&C's we'll be most welcome.

<<Don't see how they can justify this, personally, as some of their ATCOs aren't up to the job!>>

That's a pretty outrageous statement from someone who reveals nothing in his profile. I wonder what grounds he/she has for saying that?
12th Dec 2010 22:23
Cheers HD. Taking into consideration that we are still utilising the outdated and painfully slow form of ATC (App Procedural) we are punching well above our weight. With circa 60-70 jets/turbo-props based at TK and with a full IFR flow rate of 6 per hour the demand for IFR slots is often greater than the number of slots available. Plus no ATM, a ready great danger area (often not active) and Brize no longer providing a service outside LARS hours, yeah we are all trainee Jedi Nights cause the Force is strong...it has to be!

A considerable amount has been invested in the airport these past 3 years, we've been patient and it's now our turn. NATS have taken over as provider of maintenance and the Voice Coms Upgrade project that should have started in August is delayed until this Feb. Personally I'll be pleased to get rid of those poxy Airlite headsets - I was wearing those when I started controlling 25 years ago.

Onwards and upwards.... Hey - but at least we got a free uniform!!!