PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C-17 down Elmendorf (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 02:27
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque,

There's plenty of fun to be had within the rules!
Are you saying you have never bended the regs or broke the regs to assist the RAF, to achieve a mission, especially on ops? Really?

Certainly not my experience on operations. In fact, its only recently (post Haddon-cave?) That I notice individuals turning round more and saying "No, thats crazy", or
"we need to weigh up the risks here".

I dont think I would have flown much on ops if we had stayed within the regs. I know of many times in which regs were changed to fit ops.

This guy on the other hand ignored repeated stall warnings, failed to ever achieve the correct speed for the aircraft configuration, failed to establish his assigned minimum height,
Ask your self this, WHY was the individual doing these things, and who was there to stop him? Was he doing it for thrill-seeking? I personally think not. I think it more likely that he was doing it to achieve the best display for the service. Was there external pressure to achieve? None of this relieves him of his responsibilities, but id hazard a guess that if stronger supervision had taken place, monitoring of postflight data, this accident would never have happened.