PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liability stupidity
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 19:33
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liability stupidity

For the past four or five years I have made the annual journey from Seething to Nuthampstead (BKY VOR) for the air cadets rally. Turn up, give the cadets some marshalling practice, have a burger, go home. I try and go in something which might interest the cadets and usually take Tiger Moth or Chipmunk.

This year turned up in Chippy on Saturday and found the ATC day had no ATC cadets present. Instead we were treated to an adult who attempted to marshal from every blind spot imaginable (if it was you sorry don't mean to criticise but the cadets did a damn good job).

When I enquired anout the lack of cadets at a cadet fly in I was told that the ATC squadron who were usually involved were unable to continue on their current insurance and it was now regarded as unsafe for them to be put in a situation where they could be injured. In other words the ATC appear to have decided that an airfield is an unsafe place for air cadets. At my own airfield signs have just sprouted up everywhere saying that the airfield is an unsafe place.

I just have to get this off my chest - this liability panic is beginning to get very silly and soon we will start so see a real impact if we dont fight back.