PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 17:22
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tagged along with such irateness, were you high last night or something?
I was not but if implying that someone you're debating with is on drugs and therefore you are right helps you then what on Earth can I say?

My point about F class offeing from Singapore is that it is actually a by-product of the route now being split with Munich. There was not traffic for a B77W to route MAN-SIN with an F class exclusively for MAN. Actually can the B77W do MAN-SIN or did they need the B77E? Let's not forget that the reason SQ are struggling a little is because of EK, QR and EY. That's a whole other argument though.

I didn't attempt to solely attribute Manchester's many good points to being British at all. I merely point out that UK-US is greatly over represented in capacity if you compare it to European Country x - USA due to reasons of language, culture and history. This is the reason that AA served GLA / MAN / BHX / LGW / LHR / STN at one time. Similarly CO serving BFS, GLA, EDI, MAN, LHR and until recently BRS and LGW.

Historically we have also had presence in the Gulf region that other similar sized countries haven't. Hance when you look at Manchester and see Emirates, Etihad and QATAR whilst decrying Schiphol for not having anything similar until recently, I tried to explain the cultural and historical aspect. Now clealy Emirates have grown well beyond that, but it's where they started out. I even recall seeing the A300-600sat MAN back in the day.

This is also why we if we want to go to a former Dutch or French colony, St Maarten springs to mind, we go via AMS or CDG. It's worth looking at the background to see why things are the way they are is all I'm saying.