PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 Job offer EK.
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 14:05
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a mate who inquired about making the switch when he started from Airbus to 777 and he was denied. Perhaps it has happened - I don't know. That said, keep in mind that most of the growth going forward is on the Airbus side (A380s and eventual A350s). He actually likes the A330 flying (despite a lot of night flights to India) - the variety of routes is very interesting for him as he gets to see parts of Africa and the ME he would never see otherwise (something he values - maybe not other people). Good or bad depending on your perspective, you could be an A380 FO in 2-3 years from the start. This could be your view:

Photos: Airbus A380-861 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

If you are concerned about not getting home to the States as much on the Airbus fleet, I hear the A380s will start to replace many of the 777s on US routes in the coming years (that's the rumour).

I would say go ahead and make the request for a change to the 777 but set your expectations accordingly - don't be surprised if they say no. With all of the desparate pilots applying at EK - the company definitely have the LEVERAGE.

Make sure you go to EK with your eyes wide open regarding the negatives of the job - just read the many perspectives (positive and negative) on these Pprune threads and understand it is not like flying in the States. You would be a guest in their country and play by THEIR CHANGING RULES.

Let us know if your request is granted (just curious - you can PM me). Good luck!