PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 08:11
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So because people accepted jobs at VB and Jetstar, we (all pilots) should forever stand back and let various managements do whatever they please. Is this correct?
Yes, I believe they have already lowered the bar, why would I want to help them lower it some more.

I think their needs to be a distinction between a reasonable offer here. For example J* NZ is not reasonable
This clearly is where you and I differ, I believe what one star pilots are presently accepting is unreasonable, as I did several years ago when I did the apples with apples comparision, so one star NZ, IMHO is even more unreasonable.

Should I just not give a **** that someone has been sacked for speaking out about a safety concern? Perhaps.
Safety concern, horses bollocks, it's an industrial issue.

You live in an alternate reality if you expect these people to stay on GA wages for the rest of their lives when there is a reasonable offer (to them!) on the table somewhere else.
And by that logic is exactly the reason you didn't have the ability to negotitate what I consider reasonable terms and conditions at the start.

If you guys think it so good, why is it you are such a miserable mob ?.

I thought it was unreasonable then and nothing has changed.

There are many organisation, GA and regional that offer reasonable terms, conditions and a good work/home balance.

If a pilot runs to job interviews willing to dry hump the leg of the CEO who's organisation is willing to put them in a new jet, damn the consequences, I personally think they're daft.

Reality is:

Not everyone has the qualifications nor ability nor desire to work for a Qantas.
Qantas is not the only other employer of pilots.