PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 18:43
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It usually has a reduction at winter as its a lower season and they use the aircraft on carribean and domestic routes
I think he's asking why it's not daily from the summer season commencement when the clocks go forward....

It usually has a reduction at winter as its a lower season and they use the aircraft on carribean and domestic routes
Sir if this is your conclusion from what I said then there's no point in debating. It's not exclusively a reason, I tried to guide you to some factors which explain why things are the way they are. And yet you dismiss them with a simple turn of phrase?

I was comparing us to other Euro airports, not just regionals because AMS is bigger, but has no AA service, or EK A380, or no etihad lounge, no F service from SQ.
US? I would put on the fact that you are NOT in any way part of Manchester Airport or any airline therein.

I was comparing us to other Euro airports, not just regionals because AMS is bigger, but has no AA service, or EK A380, or no etihad lounge, no F service from SQ.
FRA has no EK A380, no AA ORD service
MAD has no EK A380, no Etihad lounge
LIS has no EK service at all, no Etihad lounge, no AA service, no SQ service

Etc etc etc etc, all not exactly small airports serving small cities are they?
Amsterdam is a SkyTeam fortress hub and has only recently gained an Emirates service on the B772. Manchester has seen Emirates for three and bit decades, and has now an Emirates A380. The main reason being Emirates was founded and built up by members of the UK aviation establishment.

Frankfurt is a STAR hub and the yields on the long standing AA FRA-ORD route were destroyed by ferocious and combined competition from Lufthansa and the Chicago based UNITED AIRLINES working together and managing to cover connections at both ends trapping AA in a STAR ALLIANCE sandwich. Manchester remains a spoke in other people's hubs. It is not a HUB for any alliance. This is why American are not up against a locally based strong competitor, and have survived a quarter of a century at MAN, having seen off BMI who had few connections at US end.

You say Lisbon has no Emirates service at all. True, Newcastle does though as the UK is a mature Emirates market. You quote the F Service from Singapore. Mate you must be aware, that the bulk of the SQ service outta MAN these days is sold from Munich.

Dude you're comparing apples and pears and waving bananas all at once.