PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 17:17
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reported as staying 5 weekly until the end of May is this a slight reduction?
It usually has a reduction at winter as its a lower season and they use the aircraft on carribean and domestic routes. I think next winter will be different however, as AA will also be on JFK daily and I doubt DL will want to loose ground on them

You compare MAN with other regional European airports and are astounded. Why? Those are EUROPEAN airports, not British

pretty much run by UK ex pats

People in the UK forget just how "unusal" being British can be when you take a step back, we're pretty damned lucky in some ways.
So we are basing MAN's success on the fact it is British, and the the fact airlines are run by ex-pats?
Whilst history does have its part to play, lets not forget we are one of the most culturaly diverse nations (hence large PIA presence in UK, Indian carriers at LHR, then theres business, trade, market trends, those taking long haul holidays etc.

I was comparing us to other Euro airports, not just regionals because AMS is bigger, but has no AA service, or EK A380, or no etihad lounge, no F service from SQ.
FRA has no EK A380, no AA ORD service
MAD has no EK A380, no Etihad lounge
LIS has no EK service at all, no Etihad lounge, no AA service, no SQ service

Etc etc etc etc, all not exactly small airports serving small cities are they?