PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 12:06
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To think its secured some of the routes/aircraft it has is nothing short of astounding
Why on Earth do you conclude this? Big catchment area, fair amount of wealth, friendly people, lots going for it. Until recent years had a catchment area that took in Leeds to Liverpool for almost all routes and even laid claim to being a gateway for Scotland.

but in last 10 years or so has just reinvented it`s self
In fairness the rest of the country helped to pay for what the IRA bombed. I lived in Salford for six months. Not the best.

It is no exaggeration to suggest you could shut down 50% of all other City Universities if Manchester was large enough to meet demand.

There is London, there is Manchester, but sorry other UK cities don't come close ! Maybe that's why its airport does so well.
Thanks for that. I merely went to Glasgow University (est1451), member of the Russell Group, noted Alumni incuding Bord-Orr, Lord Kelvin, etc. Poor me. I don't count. What am I (and the rest of us ) to do. My life is crap, a sheer disaster because I wasn't honoured to go to Manchester. What to do?