PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 00:41
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad open Manchester Airport lounge : Manchester Airport News Stories

I'm a bit confused. People on here are very quick to throw Manchester into the pits. "Once the best airport in the world - not it's terrible" etc. etc. "Manchester can't support F class passengers" etc. etc.

However, what is this love affair with Manchester and long haul carriers? The link at the top is only the latest example - the fourth airport on their network to have a private lounge. Etihad fly to some of the largest airports on the planet - what makes MAN so special? Is the love affair of the ME carriers anything to do with the football clubs? I know now that Etihad has close ties with Manchester City but all three were at MAN before that point. Going on about ME carries, EK making MAN the world's first regional airport to host the A380 daily and it's likely massive expansion will take place next year!

Another carrier - SQ. They mess about with that schedule more than Sir Alex does with his United team but they STILL serve the airport! AA - BA supposedly put pressure on them to move more operations but they're still there.

The list goes on...

It is also the most talked about airport on this and 'the other' forum. 'The other' being more worldwide focused therefore making MAN arguably the most talked about airport on the planet.

So...waffle over, question time.

What is so bloody special about Manchester International Airport?