PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates is running an illegal operation
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2010, 17:44
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, allow me to disagree with at least one or two.

If you're so worried about turning up for work 1 hour and 45 minutes before departure, why don't you take a newspaper, buy yourself a coffee and chill in one of the 3 lounges provided. If that still bothers you, cancel the transport and drive yourself into work like most of the other pilots round the World. That way you can spend more of your precious time at home.

1 hour delay at hotel? Suggest a good read of the FTL's on the next layover. FTL's that, as has been mentioned on many occassions, are not unique to EK. They are taken from the UK's CAP371 and are the governing factor for most UK airlines.

As for getting on the bus after 30 minutes, did you ever bother to ask if any of the crew were on min rest? In the unlikely event, would you have been prepared to contact crew control on their behalf and have their duty changed? I have although I doubt you did.

I don't like some of the practices employed here, but those that effect legality or safety, I question and, if necessary, refuse. For people like you, however, it's far easier to come on here and moan, rather than actually have the balls and professionalism to do anything about it. Shocking but true.