PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATC Worst in Europe
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 12:09
Findo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's nothing wrong with privatisation if it's done properly, after all the airlines don't cut corners with safety and they're not state owned. Perhaps everything would have worked better if the government had done a full privatisation.
Privatisation isn't dangerous ? Of course nobody goes to work and thinks .. I'll drive down another couple of safety standards today and see what happens But look at the post from the pilots section about the ATP which had a second engine shutdown in 5 days

BA do not fly any ATP's. They are operated by BACitiExpress which is a wholly owned subsiduary of BA. As for the engineering report, perhaps if you had just been told that you will be getting a £6000 per annum pay cut, working hours increased and your annual holidays including bank holidays cut down to 16/year, your mind may be a little distracted when certifying log books.

Before I get shot at, I do not know the circumstances of either incident nor the individuals involved. However I am very hacked off and know from first hand experience that mistakes are made when ones mind is distracted in this way.

There for the grace of.............
That's what happens when you focus on cost and not value.