PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 10th Dec 2010, 12:05
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Bettybyboat,
That does happen, all Ryanair planes are registered in Ireland and whatever base they are based at and whatever nationality of crew that fly on them, they use Irish rules and laws.

UK Qantas crew work to Australian laws of Aviation because they work on Australian planes.

In this case, we are of course, only talking about air crew who only work on UK Aircraft and not the millions of people that work for foreign companies or UK companies in foreign countries.

I don't see how bringing BA HK based cabin crews retirement age up to that of a normal retirement age can affect all these companies as you say but I have lost the will to live over this now.

I am going to leave this debate now because to be honest some of you think you are experts on everything and I feel the Unions and the UK courts and UK legislate are actually the experts.
Vct
Where has it been said that anyone is trying to put HK crew on UK terms and condition? They just want to retire when all other crew do including other International crew. Obviously some of them are members of Unite. You can be a member of a union even if it does not have bargaining rights for you, they can still represent you.