PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Removal of NPPL ‘single seat only’ restriction.
Old 10th Dec 2010, 11:51
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
The following procedure was agreed between the NPPL Policy & Steering Committee and the CAA in May 2010:
To remove a Single Seat Only restriction included in an NPPL, the applicant shall:
1. Undertake at least one hour of flying training with an instructor. This may be conducted on any Class/classes for which the applicant has a valid Class Rating.

2. Present his/her licence to an Examiner to have the 'Single Seat Only Restriction' amended. The Examiner shall:
2.1 Enter the same Rating revalidation details as for the existing rating(s), omitting the 'Single Seat Only' restriction(s).
2.2 Enter the validity date(s) as for the current rating(s).
2.3 Sign and complete his/her details.
I have spent a lot of time resolving the last few NPPL issues and am very unimpressed with the errors and omissions in LASORS 2010. I e-mailed the CAA yesterday afternoon with a copy of the audit trail of the various agreements which haven't made it into LASORS - some from March 2010, others from May 2010 - and have asked how they intend to resolve the situation.

We have waited months for LASORS 2010 and it is deplorable that is should be so riddled with errors and omissions.

Lurker06, feel free to copy my quote above and e-mail Ray Elgy at the CAA to ask whether he will confirm that this process has been agreed by the Authority.